Sunday 26 August 2007

A possible answer to the U.K.'s gun " problem ".

At the age of 7 my Grandfather gave to me my first air pistol and a pocket knife with the injunction that if I misused either , Divine Retribution would come my way . Now at age 64 I have 3 gun cabinets and have had the pleasure of a lifetime of a superb hobby .
However I also raised 3 children , to whom the presence of firearms was a natural everyday event , helping me to clean the guns and to make the ammunition for them . Never did they touch anything without first asking permission . None of the children followed me into the sport , but all maintain a respect for the non-missuse of firearms and a continuing interest in my participation .
The main problem in the U.K. is that firearms are demonised and people are made afraid of an inanimate object , leading to the youth wanting to possess
firearms ( probably due to a perceived mysticism surrounding them ) .

Restrictive firearms legislation has brought about the situation we now face , where only criminals have guns and the law abideing are an easy prey .


No comments: