Friday 16 November 2007

Follow up from visit to America .

Now safely home I have had the opportunity to reflect on the visit to the States , Chicago , what a city .
Sitting on the 96th. floor of the John Hancock building , in the Signature Room sipping one of the best Martinis ( lots of Tannqueray gin and 3 drops of dry vermouth ; one olive ) that I have had for a long time , and the view , WOW . With 2$ to £1 Michigan Ave . was a delight , Dick's sporting goods and the North Face shop got a close inspection and were a little emptier after I had left , Mark Shale's mens clothing shop completely changed my image . Enough of my retail therapy .
The people were an absolute delight , genuinely interested in the U.K. and polite beyond belief , I realised that If I had a beef with their governments foreign policy I had nothing against the people . An amazing discovery was the micro breweries that are producing some terrific beers , good tasting and full bodied , if they ever came to the U.K. our own brewers would find real competition they are that good .
The food was excellent , I had to order small portions though , and the hot dogs with root beer I really learned to love ( to heck with healthy eating ) along with eggs benedict and eggs florentine with a short shack of pancakes and maple syrup , I was in Heaven .
Would I like to live there ? , well it depends on if I could find a nice American lady to show me about and be my minder . All offers greatfully concidered .

No comments: