Sunday 27 January 2008

Ties that bind families .

When thinking of families one tries to see if ones expectations of the past come to fruition in the now . The thoughts of what ones children may accomplish when they are in their formative years guides a parents actions in the advice given to them . To encourage them to achieve all that they might be was our guiding principle and I think to some success , all of the children went to university and graduated , due to their own hard work . I know it was hard at times for them but we gave them all the help that we could , but any success was their own , parents can only act as enablers , children have to make their mistakes as we made ours .
Now it is time to look at them , with pride , and see the direction that they travel and hope they find happiness and fulfilment ,but that is down to them , they are masters of their own destiny and I wish them all well . I just want them to know that I am still here for them , as I have always been and for as long as I can be .

No comments: