Sunday 9 September 2007

Letter to a Great-Granddaughter .

Welcome to the world Bailey Margaret , you entered it at 0135 hrs. this morning and although you do not know it yet , you have a wonderful and exciting life before you . You are a most precious jewel , a shinning light in a some times dark world and as I looked at you I vowed to be the best great-grandfather that I can be . I will try to teach you virtue , ethics and ladylike behaviour , but it is up to you to develop a way of life which respects these things . I promise to put the plaster on you cut finger , play with your dolls house , teach you to ride a bike and dry those inevitable tears . I will be there for you to lean on and help you to carry life's load when it gets too heavy ; and I hope to one day see the beautiful young woman that you have the potential to be . As you sleep through this your first night out here , may Angels protect you and keep you safe ; night, night my little one , I will see you in the morning .
Gramps .

No comments: