Thursday 6 September 2007

Luciano Pavarotti Passes away

On David Vance's site -- A Tangled Web , he posts a tribute to Pavarotti complete with a video clip , it can be viewed at
http://atangledweb.squarespace.com/ . The world is a poorer place for the passing of such a great man with an incredible voice , a man who brought joy to millions , I am one of those .
I posted a comment on David's site which I repeat here ;

" Schubert's Ave Maria was sung , by a soloist , at my wife's funeral 10 years ago .Margaret was a great fan of Pavs. and I bet she was the first to greet him when he entered Heaven .
May his soul rest in peace ."

The Three Tenors were a favourite of ours and I still watch the videos and listen to the C.D.s , Pav. was larger than life , now that he has gone he will become larger still .

No comments: